Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Amazon's Wireless Reader

CHECK IT OUT!

We talked about this briefly in class, but it interested me so I read up on it a little bit. So this thing comes with wireless internet, so you don't need a computer or any cables and you don't need to sync it in anyway! (syncing is basically uploading media files or files of any kind onto a device from your computer) Also right now there are over 90,000 books to choose from and that includes 95 of 112 from the bestseller list!

Get this it can hold up to 200 books and it only weighs 10 ounces! Its dimensions are 7.5"x5.3"x.7" So it is pretty much incredible.

I think that this would be amazing for traveling and especially for convenience sake. I know we expressed how detracting this is from the experience of holding a physical book, but the idea will save multitudes upon multitudes of paper.

and just FYI there are completely sold out. The cost is $399 and each book is roughly $9.99. Also, there is no approx. shipping date other than amazon saying "we'll deliver when available"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was huge proponent of the anti-electronic reader side...but you make some good points on why these would be great. The idea of less paper as well as ease of traveling are great points! I'm always lugging too many books in my bag when I travel, how cool would it be to 200 books weighing only 10 ounces!