Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Future Classroom

I guess my future classroom really depends on where I will be teaching. I know that I want to teach overseas and in more underdeveloped countries. I want to get out there and help those who are less fortunate and those who really desire to be educated. Therefore, I will be lucky if there is internet in my classroom, or even in my entire school. I hope to see each student able to have their own desk, their own backpack, their own textbooks, and their own materials. From what I've seen, schools desperately lack the materials necessary to instruct students and to give students the opportunity to practice and experience on their own. In five years I want to see each student have those chances. This scenario almost seems unreal. Here we are messing around with high-tech gadgets and things that only supplement the educational process, instead of things that are vital to it. So my future classroom is really primitive, to us, but seems impossible to those that deal with it today.

No comments: